This set of Oracle Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “DML command”.
1. The language used application programs to request data from the DBMS is referred to as __________
c) Query language
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: Data Manipulation Language (DML) statements are used for managing data in database. DML commands are not auto-committed. It means changes made by DML command are not permanent to database, it can be rolled back.
2. In SQL, which of the following is not a data Manipulation Language Commands?
Explanation: The SQL TRUNCATE TABLE command is used to delete complete data from an existing table.You can also use DROP TABLE command to delete complete table but it would remove complete table structure form the database and you would need to re-create this table once again if you wish you store some data.
3. Which of the following is not a type of SQL statement?
a) Data Manipulation Language (DML)
b) Data Definition Language (DDL)
c) Data Control Language (DCL)
d) Data Communication Language (DCL)
Explanation: Data Communication Language (DCL) is not a type of SQL statement.
4. Which of the following is not included in DML (Data Manipulation Language)
Explanation: The CREATE TABLE statement is used to create a table in a database.Tables are organized into rows and columns; and each table must have a name.
5. TRUNCATE statement in SQL is a –
a) DML statement
b) DDL statement
c) DCL statement
d) TCL statement
Explanation: The SQL TRUNCATE TABLE command is used to delete complete data from an existing table.so its a DDL statement.
6. In SQL, which command is used to add new rows to a table?
a) Alter Table
b) Add row
Explanation: Alter Table will change the structure of the table.
7. Stack is also called __________
a) First In First Out (LIFO)
b) Last In First Out (FIFO)
c) First In Last Out (FILO)
d) First Come First Served (FCFS)
Explanation: Stack works on the First In Last Out.
8. A table that displays data redundancies yields ____________ anomalies.
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: Table that displays data redundancies yields update, insertion, deletion anomalies.
9. A type of query that is placed within a WHERE or HAVING clause of another query is called
a) Master query
b) Sub query
c) Super query
Explanation: Sub-query that is placed within a WHERE or HAVING clause of another query.
10. The three language components of a database management system (DBMS) like DDL, DCL, DML.
Two different types of people (users and practitioners) are concerned with them. Which of them do users of a DBMS usually deal with?
c) DDL and DCL
d) DCL and DML
Explanation: The users and practitioners are concerned with only Data manipulation language component of DBMS.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Oracle Database.
To practice all areas of Oracle Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.