This set of Oracle Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Storing and Guarding the Data”.
1. Where is data dictionary kept?
a) SYSTEM Tablespace
b) Stack Space
c) Data File
d) None of the Mentioned
Explanation: The Oracle Database user SYS owns all base tables and user-accessible views of the data dictionary.
2. Which schema object instructs Oracle to connect to remotely access an object of a database?
b) Remote Link
c) Database Link
d) Data Link
Explanation: A DATABASE LINK value references a resource outside the underlying data source through a URL.
3. Which of the following object types below cannot be replicated?
Explanation: Use the CREATE SEQUENCE statement to create a sequence, which is a database object from which multiple users may generate unique integers. You can use sequences to automatically generate primary key values.
4. How we can force a log switch?
a) By using ALTER SYSTEM LOG
b) By using ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE
c) By using ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGS
d) By using ALTER SYS LOGFILES
Explanation: To force a log switch, you must have the ALTER SYSTEM privilege. Use the ALTER SYSTEM statement with the SWITCH LOGFILE clause.
5. In the below given query, which expression is evaluated first?
SELECT id_number, (quantity – 100 / 0.15 – 35 * 20) FROM inventory
b) quantity – 100
d) 100 / 0.15
Explanation: According to BODMAS rule that will be getting applied to the expression first brackets should get off but as there is no bracket in expression it will look for the division. As 100/0.15 is a division expression so in this expression will be getting evaluated first.
6. The ORDER BY clause can only be used in _____.
a) SELECT queries
b) INSERT queries
c) GROUP BY queries
d) HAVING queries
Explanation: An ORDER BY clause allows you to specify the order in which rows appear in the result set.
7. Which of the following rule below are categories of index?
a) Column and Functional
b) Multiple Column and Functional
c) To create an index in another schema
d) None of the Mentioned
Explanation: An index is an optional structure, associated with a table or table cluster, that can sometimes speed data access.
8. What is the purpose of SMON (System Monitor Process) background process?
a) Performs crash recovery when a failed instance starts up again
b) Performs recovery when a user process fails
c) Writes redo log entries to disk
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: SMON process of one instance can perform instance recovery for a failed CPU or instance.
9. Recycle bin can be turned on or off this. This parameter is stored in which of the below file?
a) PARAMETER FILE
Explanation: A parameter file is a file that contains a list of initialization parameters and a value for each parameter.
10. When a transaction modifies the database, Oracle copies the original data before modifying it. The original copy of the modified data is called
a) Undone Data
b) Archive Data
c) Redo Data
d) Undo Data
Explanation: Before transaction happen the Oracle kept the files in Undo Data to overcome form any failure.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Oracle Database.
To practice all areas of Oracle Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.