This set of Oracle Database Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Atomic Data Models and Business Models”.
1. A collection of data designed to be used by different people is called a/an
Explanation: A collection of data designed to be used by different people is called a data base.
2. Which of the following is the oldest database model?
Explanation: Network Model is the oldest database model.
3. Which of the following is the process of selecting the data storage and data access characteristics of the database?
a) Logical database design
b) Physical database design
c) Testing and performance tuning
d) Evaluation and selecting
Explanation: Physical database design is the process of selecting the data storage and data access characteristics of the database.
4. The relationship between DEPARTMENT and EMPLOYEE is a
a) One-to-one relationship
b) One-to-many relationship
c) Many-to-many relationship
d) Many-to-one relationship
Explanation: The relationship between DEPARTMENT and EMPLOYEE is a one-to-many relationship.
5. If the state of the database no longer reflects a real state of the world that the database is supposed to capture, then such a state is called
a) Consistent state
b) Inconsistent state
c) Durable state
d) Atomic state
Explanation: If the state of the database no longer reflects a real state of the world that the database is supposed to capture, then such a state is called in consistent state.
6. When an entity instance must be a member of only one sub-type, it is which of the following?
a) Disjoint with total specialization
b) Disjoint with partial specialization
c) Overlap with total specialization
d) Overlap with partial specialization
Explanation: GradStudent (_id_, name, gradStuff) UndergradStudent (_id_, name, underGradStuff) Professor (_id_, name) Teaches(_prof_id_, _stud_id_)
Considering that the relational database above is meant to represent total disjoint specialization, i.e. there is no table Student but rather two completely separate ones, when writing this in SQL in order to implement the database, how would I fetch the student id for the Teaches table? I cannot figure out how to make a foreign key from two different tables.
7. A supertype/subtype hierarchy is which of the following?
a) Each subtype has only one attribute
b) Each supertype has only one attribute
c) Each subtype has only one supertype
d) Each supertype has only one subtype
Explanation: Two entities are of distinct types if they have no attributes in common. It is possible for entities to have both common and distinct attributes. If they have a common identifier (that is, a common primary key), they have a special supertype-subtype relationship: they are neither distinct nor the same.
8. Which of the following statements concerning business rules is true?
a) It should be complex
b) It should not be convertible to computer code
c) It may include restrictions
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: It is used to define, deploy, execute, monitor and maintain the variety and complexity of decision logic that is used by operational systems within an organization or enterprise.
9. Use of a supertype/subtype relationship is necessary when which of the following exists?
a) An instance of a subtype participates in a relationship that is unique to that subtype
b) An instance of a subtype participates in a relationship that is the same as the other subtypes
c) Attributes apply to all of the instances of an entity type
d) No attributes apply to any of the instances of an entity type
Explanation: Super-types and sub-types show hierarchy in the structure; graphs and trees show hierarchy in the data.
10. Which of the following is not one of the three ways to classify an action assertion?
b) Integrity Control
Explanation: The CREATE ASSERTION statement names a new Constraint and defines the Constraint’s deferral mode, initial constraint check time and its CHECK search condition.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Oracle Database.
To practice all areas of Oracle Database, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.