This set of 1000+ Tough Operating System Questions and Answers focuses on “Protection – Revocation of Access Rights”
1) What is incorrect methods of revocation of access rights ?
2) Why is it difficult to revoke capabilities ?
a) They are too many
b) They are not defined precicely
c) They are distributed throughout the system.
d) None of these
3) What is reaquisition scheme to revoke capability ?
a) When a process’s capability is revoked then it wont be able to reacquire it.
b) Pointers are maintained for each object which can be used to revoke
c) Indirect pointing is done to revoke object’s capabilities
d) Master key can be used compare and revoke.
4) What is false regarding Back-Pointers scheme to revoke capability ?
a) List of pointers is maintained with each object.
b) When revocation is required these pointers are followed
c) This scheme is not adopted in MULTICS system.
d) These point to all capabilities associated with that object.
5) What is true about Indirection to revoke capability ? (Choose two)
a) Capabilities point indirectly to the objects
b) Each capability has a unique entry in global
c) Table entries cannot be reused for other capabilities
d) This system was adopted in MULTICS system.
6) How can Keys be defined or replaced ?
a) create [keyname] [bits] b) set-key
d) MAKE [Key Name] View Answer
7) What are characteristics of Hydra system ? (Choose two)
a) It consist of known access rights and interpreted by the system.
b) A user can of protection system can declare other rights
c) Hydra system is not flexible
d) Hydra doesn’t provide rights amplification
8) What are characteristics of rights amplification in Hydra ? (Choose two)
a) This scheme allows a procedure to be certified as trustworthy.
b) Amplification of rights cannot be stated explicitly in declaration.
c) It may include auxiliary rights.
d) It includes kernel rights such as read.
9) What is the problem of mutually suspicious subsystem ? (Choose two)
a) Service program can steal users data
b) Service program can malfunction and retain some rights of data provided by user.
c) Calling program can get access to restricted portion from service program
d) Calling program gets unrestricted access
Explanation: Both calling program and service program are vulnerable to access each others private data/rights.
10) What are characteristics of Cambridge CAP system as compared to Hydra system ? (Choose two)
a) It is simpler than hydra system
b) It is more powerful than hydra system.
c) It is less powerful than hydra system.
d) It is not as secure as Hydra system.
11) What are two capabilities defined in CAP system ?
a) data capability
b) address capability
c) hardware capability
d) software capability
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Operating System.
To practice all areas of Operating System, here is complete set on 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers on Operating System.