This set of 1000+ Operating System MCQs focuses on “Process Creation” and will also be useful for interview preparations.
1) Restricting the child process to a subset of the parent’s resources prevents any process from :
a) overloading the system by using a lot of secondary storage
b) under-loading the system by very less CPU utilization
c) overloading the system by creating a lot of sub-processes
d) crashing the system by utilizing multiple resources
2) A parent process calling _____ system call will be suspended until children processes terminate.
3) Cascading termination refers to termination of all child processes before the parent terminates ______.
c) Normally or abnormally
d) None of these
4) With ……………. only one process can execute at a time; meanwhile all other process are waiting for the processor. With ………….. more than one process can be running simultaneously each on a different processor.
a) Multiprocessing, Multiprogramming
b) Multiprogramming, Uniprocessing
c) Multiprogramming, Multiprocessing
d) Uniprogramming, Multiprocessing
5) In UNIX, each process is identified by its :
a) Process Control Block
b) Device Queue
c) Process Identifier
d) None of these
6) In UNIX, the return value for the fork system call is _____ for the child process and _____ for the parent process.
a) A Negative integer, Zero
b) Zero, A Negative integer
c) Zero, A nonzero integer
d) A nonzero integer, Zero
7) The child process can : (choose two)
a) be a duplicate of the parent process
b) never be a duplicate of the parent process
c) have another program loaded into it
d) never have another program loaded into it
8) The child process completes execution,but the parent keeps executing, then the child process is known as :
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Operating System.
To practice all areas of Operating System, here is complete set on 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers on Operating System.