This set of Instrumentation Transducers Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Process Control Instrumentation”.
1. Ion-isoconcentration technique is used for determination of __________________
b) Water in organic solvent
c) pH of solution
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Ion-isoconcentration technique is used for determining water content in organic solvents.
2. Which of the following is immiscible in water?
a) Perchloro ethelyne
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Perchloro ethelyne is immiscible in water, while ethanol and acetone are miscible in all proportions.
3. PICT stands for ______________________
a) Proton iso-concentration technique
b) Perchloro ion concentration technique
c) Proton iso control technique
d) Proton inhibition cell technique
Explanation: PICT stands for proton iso concentration technique.
4. PICT have high sensitivity than FICT.
Explanation: Proton isoconcentration technique is far sensitive than Flouro iso concentration technique.
5. Which of the following represents RH value of moisture contained sample?
a) Water activity
b) Moisture content
c) Ion concentration
Explanation: Water activity(AW) can be defined as the RH value obtained from measuring a moisture containing sample.
6. Which of the following IR radiation is used in measuring relative humidity?
a) Wavelength of less than 1um
b) Wavelength less than 3um
c) Wavelength greater than 10um
d) Wavelength of any value
Explanation:IR radiation of wavelength less than 3um is used for measuring relative humidity.
7. Which of the following is not used for measuring moisture?
a) IR absorption method
b) Microwave loss method
c) Both IR absorption and microwave loss method
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Both IR absorption method and microwave loss method are used for measuring moisture in a substance.
8. For moisture measurement, microwave of ____________ wavelength is used.
a) Less than 3um
b) Less than 3nm
c) Less than 3mm
d) less than 3cm
Explanation: For moisture measurement, microwave of wavelength upto 3cm is used.
9. FICT stands for ______________
a) Forced iso concentration technique
b) Flouro iso concentration technique
c) Flouro ion concentration technique
d) Flouro ion carry transfer
Explanation: FICT stands for flouro iso concentration technique.
10. Which of the following is correct for water activity?
a) Ratio of relative equilibrium moisture and 10
b) Ratio of relative equilibrium moisture and 100
c) Ratio of relative equilibrium moisture and 1000
d) Relative equilibrium moisture
Explanation: Ratio of relative equilibrium moisture at c and 100 gives water activity(AW).
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.