This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Ultrasonic Sensors”.
1. Basically sound waves are ______________
a) Voltage signals
b) Pressure waves
Explanation: Sound waves are pressure waves in character.
2. Which of the following is not a character of sensor of sound wave?
a) Causes no health hazard
b) They are suitable in harsh environment
c) They are only suitable in cold environment
d) They can be used in corrosive environment
Explanation: Sound sensors can be used in any environment.
3. Sound waves are similar to light waves in all aspects.
Explanation: While considering reflection and refraction, sound waves and light waves are similar.
4. SONAR stands for _______________
a) Sound navigation and ranging
b) Sound number approximation and ranging
c) Sound nullifying ranging
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Sonar is the short form of sound navigation and ranging.
5. Which of the following type sound generators are not possible?
a) Piezo electric
c) Both piezo electric and magnetostrictive
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Both piezo electric and magnetostrictive devices are successful sources of sound waves.
6. Mosaic regarding sonar is ____________
a) Surface of sonar
b) Frequency of sound wave
c) Pattern of vibrating elements
d) Depth of sea to which it is applicable
Explanation: Specific pattern of vibrating element is known as msaic.
7. All elements of sonar are driven electrically.
Explanation: All elements of sonar are driven electrically using external power supply.
8. Piezo electric materials are well cut for _____________
a) Good dimension
b) Good coupling coefficient
c) Compact shape of device
d) Increasing frequency
Explanation: Piezo electric materials are so cut as to have maximum coupling coefficient between mechanical strain and electrical polarization direction.
9. Which of the following can be used in sonar?
b) Rescelle salt
c) ADP and Roscelle salt
d) ADP and Roscelle salt in sealed condition
Explanation: ADP and Roscelle salt are used as sealed with oil since they are soluble in water.
10. Magnetostriction transmitter uses _______________
a) Electrostrictive phenomena
b) Horizontal vibration of nickel tube
c) Longitudinal vibration of nickel tube
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Magnetostriction transmitter uses longitudinal vibration of nickel tube used.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.