This set of Instrumentation Transducers Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Sampling Circuits”.
1. Sampling is the process of conversion of ________________
a) Continuous signal to discrete signal
b) Discrete signal to continuous signal
c) Continuous signal to amplified continuous signal
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Sampling is the process of converting continuous signal to discrete signal.
2. Which of the following represents sampling frequency of signal frequency 50Hz?
a) 110 Hz
b) 30 Hz
c) 80 Hz
d) 40 Hz
Explanation: According to nyquist criteria sampling frequency will be greater than double of maximum signal frequency.
3. Which of the following application gating circuit used for?
a) For feed backing
b) For providing shot duration pulse
c) For amplification
d) For switching
Explanation: Gating circuit in sampling circuit is used for providing short duration pulses.
4. Gate is equivalent to ________________
a) Feedback circuit
Explanation: Gate is equivalent to switch in application, which allow signal to pass through for some period.
5. Which of the following can perform as gating circuit?
a) Diode bridge
b) Transistor switch
c) IC circuit
d) All of mentioned
Explanation: Gating circuit is an equivalent of switch and they produce short duration pulses.
6. Which of the following forms HOLD circuit?
Explanation: HOLD circuit is used for storing signals sampled.
7. Which of the following represents charging time of capacitor to maximum input value?
a) Charging time
b) Acquisition time
c) Peak time
d) Threshold time
Explanation: Acquisition time is the charging time of capacitor from zero to maximum value.
8. Aperture time, holding time and acquisition time are equal in magnitude.
Explanation: Aperture time is the time for switching from on to off state, holding time is the time for holding charge and acquisition time is the time for capacitor charging. They are not equal.
9. During sampling hold capacitor is isolated.
Explanation: During sampling time, hold capacitor is isolated from both load side and source.
10. Which of the following device is used for sample circuit?
a) IC 741
b) IC 4047
c) IC 4041
d) IC 8870
Explanation: IC 741 is op-amp ic and it is used in sample circuit.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Instrumentation Transducers.
To practice all areas of Instrumentation Transducers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.