This set of HTML online quiz focuses on “Semantic Structures and Elements”.
1. Which of the following defines a part of text that might be formatted in a different direction from other text?
a) <details> b) <aside> c) <bdi> d) <article>
Explanation: This element is useful when embedding user-generated content with an unknown directional.
2. Which of the following defines a caption for a figure element?
a) <figcaption> b) <dialog> c) <caption> d) <figure>
Explanation: The figcaption element can be placed as the first or last child of the figure element.
3. Which of the following defines a command/menu item that the user can invoke from a popup menu?
a) <menuitem> b) <menu> c) <nav> d) <class>
Explanation: The menuitem tag is new in HTML5 and as of now is only supported in Firefox 8+ versions.
4. Which of the following tag defines the progress of a task?
a) <meter> b) <progress> c) <gauge> d) <wbr>
5. Which of the following defines the result of a calculation?
a) <output> b) <keygen> c) <datalist> d) <datalist>
Explanation: The output tag represents the result of a calculation (like one performed by a script).
a) <class> b) <canvas> c) <graphics> d) <draw>
Explanation: The canvas tag is only a container for graphics, you must use a script to actually draw the graphics.
7. Which of the following elements in HTML5 defines video or movie content?
a) <media> b) <video> c) <movie> d) <audio>
Explanation: Before HTML5, videos could only be played with a plug-in (like flash). The HTML5 video element specifies a standard way to embed a video in a web page.
8. Which of the following defines some content aside from the content it is placed in (like a sidebar)?
a) <aside> b) <header> c) <sidebar> d) <nav>
Explanation: The aside content should be related to the surrounding content.
9. Which of the following defines a visible heading for a details element?
a) <brief> b) <summary> c) <mark> d) <main>
Explanation: The summary tag defines a visible heading for the details element. The heading can be clicked to view/hide the details.
10. Which of the following defines additional details that the user can view or hide?
a) <details> b) <article> c) <aside> d) <figure>
Explanation: The details tag can be used to create an interactive widget that the user can open and close. Any sort of content can be put inside the details tag.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – HTML.
To practice all areas of HTML for online Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.