1. Bathtub Curve is used to represent the reliability characteristics of hardware components. Why is this not applicable to software modules?
a) Software failures tends to stabilize and do not increase with respect to time
b) Software failures cannot be predicted
c) Hardware components do not fail for a long time
d) Software fails more compared to hardware
2. Which one of the below is measured by MTBF?
b) Life time
3. In designing a fault-tolerant system which one of the methods is appropriate?
a) Fail Safe
b) Fail Fast
d) Fail Rare
4. A system has MTBF of 100,000 hours and MTTR of 30 minutes. What is the average down time of the system in one year?
a) 2.6 minutes
b) 1.8 minutes
c) 18 minutes
d) 30 minutes
5. What is the most common redundancy configuration for HA?
6. One of the common problems seen in a cluster configuration has a name which contains the most complex part of human body.
d) Heart Beat
7. Which one of the following is a cluster, based on shared nothing model?
a) MSCC NT4
b) Netware CS
c) Unixware 7
8. The MTBF of system should be high for fault tolerant systems with
a) Single Point Failure
b) Multi Point Tolerant
c) Single Point Tolerant
9. Which one of the following is NOT a Single System Image Clustering Solution?
a) Open VMS
10. Which one is a common software fault tolerant model for safety critical jobs such as flight control software?
a) Active-Active config.
b) Active-Backup config
c) N-Version Programming