This set of Steam and Gas Turbines Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Bearing System in Gas Turbines”.
1. Journal bearings are used to give ______ support.
Explanation: Radial support is given by using journal bearing. Axis of the bearings keeps on changing with the rotation.
2. _________ positioning is given by thrust bearings.
b) Both of the mentioned
Explanation: Thrust bearings is used to give axial positioning. Thrust bearings provide supporting reaction to the bearings in axial direction.
3. ________ bearings are used in aircraft engines.
Explanation: Roller bearings are used in aircraft engines. Each bearing is used in its respective place where its presence is required.
4. Ball bearings are used in aircraft engines.
Explanation: Ball bearings are used in aircraft engines.
5. ____________ bearings are used in all industrial turbines.
Explanation: Journal bearings are used in all industrial turbines. Roller and Ball bearings are used in air craft engines.
6. Journal bearings are _________ sized.
Explanation: Journal bearings can be either split or round sized. No bearing is present in square sized and all bearings are small in size.
7. Journal bearings can be ________ sized.
Explanation: Journal bearings can be split or round sized. The selection of size either round or split is selected based on the forces acting and the use of the bearing at that respective place.
8. Precision insert type bearings have _______ lining.
Explanation: Precision insert type bearings have thin lining and are used in internal combustion engine.
9. Sleeve bearings are commonly _________ type.
Explanation: Sleeve bearings are commonly split type. Sleeve bearings are used in sleeves and split type is required in that place.
10. Cylindrical _______ bearing has split design.
Explanation: Cylindrical bore bearing has split design. Round bearings increases the point of contact and increases the energy losses.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Steam and Gas Turbines.
To practice all areas of Steam and Gas Turbines, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.