1. Which is the most common cause of soft errors in hardware?
a. Thermal Issue
b. Cosmic Rays
c. Alpha Particile
d. Voltage Fluctuation
2. If X is the MTBF of a system and Y is the failure rate of the system then which one is true?
a. X * Y = 1
b. X = Y
c. NX = Y, where N is the life time
d. X/Y = N, where N is the life time
3. Which one of the property is NOT a requirement for Fault Tolerance?
a. Fault Containments
b. Fault Isolation
c. Dynamic Recovery
d. Fail Safe
4. Which of the operating system architecture is suitable for FT based systems?
a. A – Monolithic Kernel
b. B – Micro Kernel
c. C – Real Time Kernel
d. D – All of the Above
5. The common mechanism used to find latent failure in memory modules:
6. Which one of the availability criteria is optimal for carrier grade class systems?
a. 40 seconds of down time per year
b. 40 minutes of down time per year
c. 10 minutes of down time per year
d. 10 seconds of down time per year
7. MTTR is the best way to characterize
c. Fault Tolerance