This set of Digital Image Processing Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Elements of Visual Perception”.
1. Which of the following is a receptor in the retina of human eye?
c) Rods and Cones
d) Neither Rods nor Cones
Explanation: Rods are long slender receptors while cones are shorter and thicker receptors.
2. How is image formation in the eye different from that in a photographic camera
a) No difference
b) Variable focal length
c) Varying distance between lens and imaging plane
d) Fixed focal length
Explanation: Fibers in ciliary body vary shape of the lens thereby varying its focal length.
3. Range of light intensity levels to which the human eye can adapt (in Log of Intensity-mL)
a) 10-6 to 10-4
b) 104 to 106
c) 10-6 to 104
d) 10-5 to 105
Explanation: Range of light intensity to which human eye can adapt is enormous
and about the order 1010 from 10-6 to 104.
4. What is subjective brightness?
a) Related to intensity
b) Related to brightness
c) Related to image perception
d) Related to image formation
Explanation: It is the intensity as perceived by the human eye.
5. What is brightness adaptation?
a) Changing the eye’s overall sensitivity
b) Changing the eye’s imaging ability
c) Adjusting the focal length
d) Transition from scotopic to photopic vision
Explanation: The human eye a wide dynamic range by changing the eye’s overall sensitivity and this is called brightness adaptation.
6. The inner most membrane of the human eye is
a) Blind Spot
Explanation: Retina is the innermost membrane of the human eye.
7. What is the function of Iris?
a) Source of nutrition
b) Detect color
c) Varies focal length
d) Control amount of light
Explanation: Iris is responsible for controlling the amount of light that enters the human eye.
8. ________ serve to a general, overall picture of the field of view.
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: Rods produce an overall picture of the field of view.
9. Ratio of number of rods to the number of cones is _______
Explanation: No of rods: 6 to 7 million, No of rods: 75 to 150.
10. The absence of receptors is in the retinal area called _____________
b) Ciliary body
c) Blind spot
Explanation: Except the blind spot, receptors are radially distributed.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Digital Image Processing.