This set of Database Questions & Answers focuses on “File Organisations”
1. Which level of RAID refers to disk mirroring with block striping?
a) RAID level 1
b) RAID level 2
c) RAID level 0
d) RAID level 3
Explanation: RAID (redundant array of independent disks) is a way of storing the same data in different places (thus, redundantly) on multiple hard disks.
2. A unit of storage that can store one or more records in a hash file organization is denoted as
b) Disk pages
Explanation: A unit of storage that can store one or more records in a hash file organization is denoted as buckets.
3. The file organization which allows us to read records that would satisfy the join condition by using one block read is
a) Heap file organization
b) Sequential file organization
c) Clustering file organization
d) Hash file organization
Explanation: All systems in the cluster share a common file structure via NFS, but not all disks are mounted on all other systems.
4. What are the correct features of a distributed database?
a) Is always connected to the internet
b) Always requires more than three machines
c) Users see the data in one global schema.
d) Have to specify the physical location of the data when an update is done
Explanation: Users see the data in one global schema.
5. Each tablespace in an Oracle database consists of one or more files called
b) name space
Explanation:A data file is a computer file which stores data to use by a computer application or system.
6. The management information system (MIS) structure with one main computer
system is called a
a) Hierarchical MIS structure
b) Distributed MIS structure
c) Centralized MIS structure
d) Decentralized MIS structure
Explanation:Structure of MIS may be understood by looking at the physical components of the information system in an organization.
7. A top-to-bottom relationship among the items in a database is established by a
a) Hierarchical schema
b) Network schema
c) Relational schema
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation:A hierarchical database model is a data model in which the data is organized into a tree-like structure. The structure allows representing information using parent/child relationships.
8. Choose the RDBMS which supports full fledged client server application development
a) dBase V
b) Oracle 7.1
c) FoxPro 2.1
Explanation: RDBMS is Relational DataBase Management System.
9. One approach to standardization storing of data?
b) Structured programming
c) CODASYL specification
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: CODASYL is an acronym for “Conference on Data Systems Languages”.
10. The highest level in the hierarchy of data organization is called
a) Data bank
b) Data base
c) Data file
d) Data record
Explanation: Database is a collection of all tables which contains the data in form of fields.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Database Management System.