This set of CSS Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Style Inclusion Methods”.
1. Which of the following tag is used to linked information should be placed inside?
a) <head> b) <html> c) <div> d) <body>
2. Which of the following tag can be used to embed a Document-wide styles in a document’s head element?
a) <head> b) <style> c) <script> d) <html>
Document-wide styles can be embedded in a document’s head element using the <style>tag.
3. The ________________ directive allows style sheets to be grouped and joined together, though some might wonder what the value of this function is given what linked styles provide.
a) <head> b) <style> c) <script> d) @import
Within embedded <style> blocks, properties can be imported from an external file and expanded in place, similar to a macro. Importing can be used to include multiple style sheets. An imported style is defined within a <style> tag using @import followed optionally by a type value and a URL for the style sheet.
4. Which of the following measurement defines a measurement relative to a font’s x-height?
Explanation: Defines a measurement relative to the height of a font in em spaces. Because an em unit is equivalent to the size of a given font, if you assign a font to 12pt, each em unit would be 12pt, thus 2em would be 24pt.
5. Which of the following measurement defines a measurement as a percentage?
Explanation: Defines a measurement as a percentage. Percentages are denoted by a number followed by the % symbol and are always relative to another value such as length. Quite often they are used to specify some value relative to an inherited value from a parent element.
6. Which of the following property sets the font size of text?
font-size: length | percentage | larger | smaller | xx-small | x-small | small | medium | large | x-large | xx-larger | inherit
7. Which of the following property sets a variation of the specified or default font family?
font-variant: normal | small-caps | inherit
The small-caps value sets text in smaller-size all capitals. The normal value would be used to override any inherited font-variant value.
8. Which of the following property defines labels for a list of items?
d) none of the above
list-style-type: disc | circle | square | decimal | decimal-leading-zero
9. Which of the following property assigns a graphic image to a list item?
d) none of the above
list-style-image: url(url of image) | none
10. Which of the following property sets the amount of spacing between letters?
d) none of the mentioned
letter-spacing: length | normal | inherit
Length values can be set in various units (negative values are permitted) or to the default value normal.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – CSS.
To practice all areas of CSS, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.