1.The key factor/s in commercial success of a computer is/are ________.
d) Both a and b
2. The main objective of the computer system is
a) To provide optimal power operation.
b) To provide best performance at low cost.
c) To provide speedy operation at low power consumption.
d) All of the above.
3. A common measure of performance is
a) Price/performance ratio.
b) Performance/price ratio.
c) Operation/price ratio.
d) None of the above.
4. The performance depends on
a) The speed of execution only.
b) The speed of fetch and execution.
c) The speed of fetch only
d) The hardware of the system only.
5. The main purpose of having memory hierarchy is to
a) Reduce access time.
b) Provide large capacity.
c) Reduce propagation time.
d) Both a and b.
6. The memory transfers between two variable speed devices is always done at the speed of the faster device.
7. An effective to introduce parallelism in memory access is by _______.
a) Memory interleaving
8. The performance of the system is greatly influenced by increasing the level 1 cache.
Explanation: This is so because the L1 cache is onboard the processor.
9. Two processors A and B have clock frequencies of 700 Mhz and 900 Mhz respectively. Suppose A can execute an instruction with an average
of 3 steps and B can execute with an average of 5 steps.For the execution of the same instruction which processor is faster
C) Both take the same time
d) Insufficient information
10.If the instruction Add R1, R2, R3 is executed in a system which is pipelined, then the value of S is (Where S is term of the Basic performance equation)
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Organisation and Architecture.