1. The CISC stands for
a) Computer Instruction Set Compliment
b) Complete Instruction Set Compliment
c) Computer Indexed Set Components
d) Complex Instruction set computer
Explanation: <numeric> CISC is an computer architecture where in the processor performs more complex operations in one step.
2. The computer architecture aimed at reducing the time of execution of instructions is ________.
Explanation: <numeric> The RISC stands for Reduced Instruction Set Computer.
3. The Sun micro systems processors usually follow _____ architecture.
c) ULTRA SPARC
Explanation: <numeric> The Risc machine aims at reducing the instruction set of the computer.
4. The RISC processor has a more complicated design than CISC.
Explanation: <numeric> The RISC processor design is more simpler than CISC and it consists of fewer transistors.
5. The iconic feature of the RISC machine among the following are
a) Reduced number of addressing modes
b) Increased memory size
c) Having a branch delay slot
d) All of the above
Explanation: <numeric> A branch delay slot is an instruction space immediately following a jump or branch.
6. Both the CISC and RISC architectures have been developed to reduce the ______.
b) Time delay
c) Semantic gap
d) All of the above
Explanation: <numeric> The semantic gap is the gap between the high level language and the low level language.
7. Out of the following which is not a CISC machine.
a) IBM 370/168
b) VAX 11/780
c) Intel 80486
d) Motorola A567
Explanation: <numeric> None.
8. Pipe-lining is a unique feature of _______.
Explanation: <numeric> The RISC machine architecture was the first to implement pipe-lining.
9. In CISC architecture most of the complex instructions are stored in _____.
Explanation: <numeric> In CISC architecture more emphasis is given on the instruction set and the instructions take over a cycle to complete.
10. Which of the architecture is power efficient?
Explanation: <numeric> Hence the RISC architecture is followed in the design of mobile devices.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Organisation and Architecture.