1. Which of the following terms refers to the use of compressed gasses to drive (power) the robot device?
c) piezo electric
d) photo sensitive
2. With regard to the physics of power systems used operate robots, which statement or statements is most correct?
a) hydraulics involves the compression of liquids
b) hydraulics involves the compression of air
c) pneumatics involve the compression of air
d) chemical batteries produce AC power
e) All of the mentioned are basic principles of physics
3. The original LISP machines produced by both LMI and Symbolics were based on research performed at:
c) Stanford University
e) None of the above
4. Which of the following statements concerning implementation of robotic systems is correct?
a) implementation of robots CAN save existing jobs
b) implementation of robots CAN create new jobs
c) robotics could prevent a business from closing
d) all of the mentioned
e) Only B and C are possible
5. Which of the following IS NOT one of the advantages associated with a robotics implementation program?
a) Low costs for hardware and software
b) Robots work continuously around the clock.
c) Quality of manufactured goods can be improved.
d) Reduced company cost for worker fringe benefits
e) Higher volume output of manufactured products
6. Which of the following “laws” is Azimov’s first and most important law of robotics?
a) robot actions must never result in damage to the robot
b) robots must never take actions harmful to humans
c) robots must follow the directions given by humans
d) robots must make business a greater profit
e) robots should be used to eliminate jobs of human workers
7. In LISP, the function returns t if