1. The process by which you become aware of messages through your sense is called
2. Susan is so beautiful; I bet she is smart too. This is an example of
a) The halo effect
b) The primary effect
c) A self-fulfilling prophecy
d) The recency effect
3. _____ prevents you from seeing an individual as an individual rather than as a member of a group.
a) Cultural mores
4. When you get fired from your job and you determine it is because your boss dislikes you, you are most likely exhibiting
b) Fundamental attribution error
d) Self-serving bias
5. Mindless processing is
a) careful, critical thinking
b) inaccurate and faulty processing
c) information processing that relies heavily on familiar schemata
d) processing that focuses on unusual or novel events
6. What kind of perception is used in printing?
a) Optical character recognition
b) Speech recognition
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: In When perception is used in printing means, It is called as optical character recognition.
7. Selective retention occurs when
a) we process, store, and retrieve information that we have already selected, organized, and interpreted
b) we make choices to experience particular stimuli
c) we make choices to avoid particular stimuli
d) we focus on specific stimuli while ignoring other stimuli
8. Which of the following strategies would NOT be effective at improving your communication competence?
a) Recognize the people, objects, and situations remain stable over time
b) Recognize that each person’s frame of perception is unique
c) Be active in perceiving
d) Distinguish facts from inference
9. _____________ is measured by the number of mental structures we use, how abstract they are, and how elaborate they interact to shape our perceptions.
a) intrapersonal structure
b) perceptual set
d) None of the above
10. A perception check is
a) a cognitive bias that makes us listen only to information we already agree with.
b) a method teachers use to reward good listeners in the classroom.
c) any factor that gets in the way of good listening and decreases our ability to interpret correctly.
d) a response that allows you to state your interpretation and ask your partner whether or not that interpretation is correct.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Artificial Intelligence.