Our 1000+ Structural Analysis questions and answers focuses on all areas of Structural Analysis subject covering 100+ topics in Structural Analysis. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Structural Analysis. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Structural Analysis comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Structural Analysis interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Structural Analysis with explanations.
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Structural Analysis Subject.
Who should Practice these Structural Analysis Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Structural Analysis Subject.
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Structural Analysis.
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews).
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations.
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students.
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Structural Analysis Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on System Loading and Behavior
The section contains questions and answers on tributary areas, live load reduction, loading conditions for strength and stress design.
Live Load Reduction
Loading Conditions for Allowable Stress Design
Loading Conditions for Strength Design
2. Questions on Structural Loads
The section contains questions on structural loads types and seismic loads.
Types of Structural Loads-1
Types of Structural Loads-2
Equivalent Lateral Force Procedure for Estimating Seismic Loads-1
Equivalent Lateral Force Procedure for Estimating Seismic Loads-2
3. Questions & Answers on Analysis of Statically Determinate Structures and Trusses
The section contains questions and answers on idealized structure, determincy and stability, trusses types, coplanar trusses classification, joints and sections methods, space trusses and assumptions.
Determinacy and Stability
Common Types of Trusses
Classification of Coplanar Trusses
Method of Joints
Method of Sections
When Assumptions are Not Correct
4. Questions on Internal Loadings Developed in Structural Members
The section contains questions on internal loadings, shear and moment diagrams for beam and frame.
Internal Loadings at a Specified Point-1
Internal Loadings at a Specified Point-2
Shear and Moment Diagrams for a Beam
Shear and Moment Diagrams for a Frame-1
Shear and Moment Diagrams for a Frame-2
5. Questions & Answers on Cables and Arches
The section contains questions and answers on three hinged arch, arches, cables subjected to concentrated loads and uniform distributed loads.
Cable Subjected to Concentrated Loads and cables
Cable Subjected to a Uniform Distributed Load
6. Questions on Influence Lines and Approximate Analysis for Statically Determinate Structures
The section contains questions on influence lines, qualitative influence lines, influence lines for floor griders and beams, portal frames and trusses, lateral loads on building frames, maximum shear and moment.
7. Questions & Answers on Deflections
The section contains questions and answers on deflections diagrams, elastic beam theory, double integration method, moment area theorems and conjugate beam method.
Deflection Diagrams and the Elastic Curve
The Double Integration Method
Moment-Area Theorems – 1
Moment-Area Theorems – 2
Conjugate-Beam Method – 1
Conjugate-Beam Method – 2
8. Questions on Deflections Using Energy Methods
The section contains questions on strain energy, work and energy principles, trusses and castiglianos theorem, indeterminate structures, beams and frame.
External Work and Strain Energy
Principle of Work and Energy
Method of Virtual Work: Trusses and Castigliano’s Theorem
Method of Virtual Work: Beams and Frames
Statically Indeterminate Structures – 1
Statically Indeterminate Structures – 2
9. Questions & Answers on Analysis of Statically Indeterminate Structures by the Force Method
The section contains questions and answers on force method analysis, influence lines for indeterminate beams, redundant trusses analysis, frames influence lines, bettis law, vierendeel trusses analysis.
Force Method of Analysis: General Procedure
Additional Remarks on the Force Method of Analysis
Influence Lines for Statically Indeterminate Beams-1
Influence Lines for Statically Indeterminate Beams-2
Maxwell’s Theorem of Reciprocal Displacements: Betti’s Law
Analysis Of Externally Redundant Trusses
Qualitative Influence Lines For Frames
Analysis Of Internally Redundant Trusses
Analysis Of Vierendeel Trusses
10. Questions on Displacement Method of Analysis: Slope-Deflection Equations
The section contains questions on displacement method analysis, slope deflection analysis, analysis of beams, analysis of frames with sidesway and no sidesway, dki and dsi.
11. Questions & Answers on Displacement Method of Analysis: Moment Distribution
The section contains questions and answers on principles and definitions, beams and frames moment distributions, stiffness factor modifications and frames computer analysis.
General Principles and Definitions
Moment Distribution for Beams
Moment Distribution for Frames
Computer Analysis Of Frame
12. Questions on Beams and Frames Having Nonprismatic Member
The section contains questions on nonprismatic members loading properties and slope-deflection equations, stiffness method fundamentals.
Loading Properties of Nonprismatic Members
Moment Distribution for Structures Having Nonprismatic Members
Slope-Deflection Equations for Nonprismatic Members
Fundamentals of the Stiffness Method
13. Questions & Answers on Truss, Beam and Plane Frame Analysis Using the Stiffness Method
The section contains questions and answers on member, beam and frame member stiffness matrix, truss and beam analysis stiffness method applications, nodal coordination, space truss analysis, force transformation matrices and preliminary remarks.
Member Stiffness Matrix
Displacement and Force Transformation Matrices
Member Global Stiffness Matrix
Application of the Stiffness Method for Truss Analysis
Trusses Having Thermal Changes and Fabrication Errors
Beam-Member Stiffness Matrix
Application of the Stiffness Method for Beam Analysis
Frame-Member Stiffness Matrix
Displacement and Force Transformation Matrices
Frame-Member Global Stiffness Matrix
14. Questions on Additional Matrix Procedures
The sections covers questions on stiffness equations, stiffness matrices, matrix partitioning applications, condensation and stiffness matrices bandwidth.
Addition of Stiffness Equations
Stiffness Matrices For Inclined Members
Stiffness Equations For Structures With Enforced Displacements
Stiffness Equations For Structures With Members Experiencing Temperature Changes
Applications Of Matrix Partitioning
Bandwidth Of Stiffness Matrices For General Structures
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Structural Analysis!