Our 1000+ Chemical Engineering questions and answers focuses on all areas of Chemical Engineering covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Chemical Engineering. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Chemical Engineering comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Chemical Engineering interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Chemical Engineering with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Chemical Engineering Subject
Who should Practice these Chemical Engineering Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Chemical Engineering Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Chemical Engineering
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Chemical Engineering Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. MOLES, DENSITY AND CONCENTRATION
The section contains questions and answers on concepts of mole, density, specific gravity, flow rate and mass fraction.
Mole Fraction and Mass(Weight) Fraction
Analyses of Multicomponent Solutions
2. TEMPERATURE and PRESSURE
The section contains questions and answers on concepts of temperature, pressure and differential measurements.
Measurement of Pressure
Differential Pressure Measurements
3. INTRODUCTION TO MATERIAL BALANCES
The section contains questions and answers on concepts of material balances, open and closed systems, material balance chemical reaction, multiple component systems and material balances for batch and semi-batch processes.
Material Balance Concept
Open and Closed Systems
Steady-State and Unsteady-State Systems
Multiple Component Systems
Accounting for Chemical Reactions
Material Balances for Batch Processes
4. A GENERAL STRATEGY FOR SOLVING MATERIAL BALANCE PROBLEMS and SOLVING MATERIAL BALANCE PROBLEMS FOR SINGLE UNITS
The section contains questions and answers on problem solving strategy and material balance problem solving for single units.
|Problem Solving Strategy||Solving Material Balance Problems|
5. THE CHEMICAL REACTION EQUATION AND STOICHIOMETRY, MATERIAL BALANCES FOR PROCESSES INVOLVING REACTION AND MULTIPLE UNITS
The section contains questions and answers on stoichometry, its applications and terminology, element material balances and material species balances and problems that involve multiple units.
Stoichiometry Applications Terminology
Species Material Balances
Processes Involving Multiple Units
Element Material Balances
Material Balances Involving Combustion
Material Balances Problems
6. RECYCLE, BYPASS, PURGE, IDEAL GASES AND REAL GASES: COMPRESSIBILITY
The section contains questions and answers on vapour liquid equilibria, idealities concepts, flash vapourization methods, differential distillation methods, distillation column operation, azeotropic mixture rectification, reflux ratio and its cost variance, various distillation types anf flash vaporization laws.
Recycle without Chemical Reaction
Recycle with Chemical Reaction
Bypass and Purge
Ideal Gas Law
Ideal Gas Mixtures and Partial Pressure
Material Balances Involving Ideal Gases
7. REAL GASES: EQUATIONS OF STATE, SINGLE COMPONENT TWO-PHASE SYSTEMS (VAPOR PRESSURE) AND SATURATION AND CONDENSATION
The section contains questions and answers on state equations, vapor pressure modelling and prediction and the concepts of saturation and condensation.
Equations of State
Modeling and Predicting Vapor Pressure
8. TWO-PHASE GAS-LIQUID SYSTEMS (PARTIAL SATURATION AND HUMIDITY), TWO-PHASE GAS-LIQUID SYSTEMS (PARTIAL SATURATION AND HUMIDITY) AND THE PHASE RULE AND VAPOR-LIQUID EQUIUBRIA
The section contains questions and answers on partial saturation terminology, partial saturation material balance problems, gibbs phase rule and vapor liquid equilibria in binary systems.
Partial Saturation Terminology
Material Balance Problems-Partial Saturation
Gibbs Phase Rule
Vapor-Liquid Equilibria in Binary Systems
9. LIQUIDS AND GASES IN EQUILIBRIUM WITH SOLIDS AND ENERGY: TERMINOLOGY, CONCEPTS, AND UNITS
This section contains questions and answers on energy balance terminology and types and liquids and gases along with solids in equillibrium.
Liquids and Gases in Equilibrium with Solids
Energy Balances Terminology
10. INTRODUCTION TO ENERGY BALANCES FOR PROCESSES WITHOUT REACTION AND CALCULATION OF ENTHALPY CHANGES
This section contains questions and answers on potential energy, kinetic energy, internal energy and their conversion concepts, energy balances for open, closed, steady and unsteady state systems, phase transitions and heat capacity equations.
Potential Energy and Kinetic Energy
Internal Energy and Energy Conversion Concept
Energy Balances-Closed, Unsteady-State Systems
Energy Balances-Closed, Steady-State Systems
Vaporization and Energy Balances
Heat Capacity Equations
11. APPLICATION OF ENERGY BALANCES IN THE ABSENCE OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS AND ENERGY BALANCES: HOW TO ACCOUNT FOR CHEMICAL REACTION
This section contains questions and answers on energy balance simplifications and solving, open and closed energy balance applications, enthalpy of formation and reaction, heat of combustion and the concepts of heat merging.
Simplifications of General Energy Balance
Solving Energy Balance Problems
Energy Balance to Closed Systems
Energy Balance to Open Systems
Standard Heat (Enthalpy) of Formation
Heat (Enthalpy) of Reaction
Merging Heat of Formation
Heat of Combustion
12. ENERGY BALANCES THAT INCLUDE THE EFFECTS OF CHEMICAL REACTION, IDEAL PROCESSES, EFFICIENCY, AND THE MECHANICAL ENERGY BALANCE AND HEATS OF SOLUTION AND MIXING
This section contains questions and answers on degrees of freedom and their analysis, energy balance applications, ideal reversible processes and their efficiency, mechanical energy balance, mixing effect into energy balance and heat of solution, dissolution and mixing.
Degrees of Freedom Analysis
Energy Balances Application in Processes
Ideal Reversible Processes
Mechanical Energy Balance
Heat of Solution, Dissolution and Mixing
Effects of Mixing into Energy Balance
13. HUMIDITY (PSYCHROMETRIC) CHARTS AND THEIR USE, ANALYSIS OF THE
DEGREES OF FREEDOM IN A STEADY -STATE PROCESS, SOLVING MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES USING PROCESS AND UNSTEADY-STATE MATERIAL AND ENERGY BALANCES
This section contains questions and answers on humidity chart and its applications, energy balances using process simulators, degrees of freedom analysis and steady and unsteady state materials.
Humidity (Psychrometric) Chart
Applications of Humidity Chart
Degrees of Freedom Analysis
Material and Energy Balances-Process Simulators
Unsteady-State Material and Energy Balances
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Chemical Engineering!